The Noble Shaykh said,
“I have nothing to add in regards to what was mentioned by the Scholars who previously spoke. However, just to return to the order of what was mentioned, it is incumbent to know that we find that all the Ghulaat (extremists) in every time and place, beginning from the time of the Juhaymaan, then the Haddadiyyah in its initial stage, then the followers of Faalih and then the Haddadiyyah now, which is in its second stage. We know from history that the Scholars of Tawheed and Sunnah, they are those who in reality set out to refute this ghuluww. They suppress and fight against it with evidences and putting up a blockage in front of it.
On the other hand, the method of the people of Ghuloo in speaking ill of Ahlus-Sunnah is also from the ways of old amongst Ahlul-Bid’ah, past and present. This way was used by ’Abdur-Rahmaan ’Abdul-Khaaliq when he used the Juhaymaaniyyah as a bridge in order to attack Ahlus-Sunnah and to war against them. Then also Salmaan al-’Awdah used the Khubaybiyyah as a bridge to attack Ahlus-Sunnah because of what they possessed from extremism, harshness and going beyond the bounds of the rulings of justice and Sunnah. Likewise, when a group arose from the followers of Faalih, the people of Turaath (Ihyaa‘ut-Turaath in Kuwait) and other than them, they took it as a bridge to attack and warn against Ahlus-Sunnah and fight against them.
And the Haddadiyyah today are in their second stage, the intimate adherers of the different groups of partisanship took the same path of those who preceded them from the people of innovation in waging war against the people of Sunnah by way of describing them of being from the Haddadiyyah. The intimate adherers to the groups of partisanship who wish to erase from history an affair which just cannot be erased by a pencil; and this is the Jihaad (struggle) of Shaykh Muhammad Amaan al-Jaamee – rahimahullaah – which was started from the fruits of the da’wah of the three major Imaams of the Sunnah. It became clear by way of the Jihaad of Shaykh Muhammad Amaan and Shaykh Rabee’.
So the intimate adherents to the groups of partisanship seek to totally erase from history the mention of Shaykh Rabee’. For this reason you only find them mentioning “Jaamiyyah, Jaamiyyah.” Where is the mention of Shaykh Rabee’, whereas his life, efforts and his Jihaad has spread much more?
Rather, Shaykh Muhammad Amaan al-Jaamee – rahimahullah – the fruits of his da’wah did not become apparent and did not spread as they did, except through the Jihaad of Shaykh Rabee’. So today the intimate adherents of the groups of partisanship are repeating their history. Due to this, dear brothers, those who were responsible for organizing this sitting have done extremely well, having wisdom; as it entails a deep, great legislative meaning, which you must pay attention to.
Indeed, the Glorious Qur‘aan, and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) in their exposing of falsehood, evil and its darkness, they both tread the path of mentioning descriptions and (general) meanings so the Muslim who is taking benefit can benefit the affair of taking caution from the paths of evil, which have been described. Also at the same time, he will be able to implement these general meanings on specific situations. So in the path of clarifying the truth, it is incumbent that two affairs take place: The affair of clarifying general principles so that the Muslim, the person of Sunnah will be upon clarity and the affair of specification.
However, the affair of specification cannot be used in every situation and this is because you have in front of you different groups who have talawwun (they are shifty), they lie and they try to make apparent that they are upon the Sunnah. And Ahlus-Sunnah are those who are the most diligent upon actualizing al-’Adl (justice and fairness), and the rulings that go in accordance with ’adl. So they do not want to be responsible (before Allaah) for any errors so they may refrain from specifying a particular person with Haddaadiyyah, because Haddaadiyyah is a group that has some sort of ambiguity and vagueness. However, there are general descriptions that they have and by knowing these, it is possible for the Muslim, the person of Sunnah to know how to protect themselves from evil, and it is possible to look to the presence of specific qualities in specific people for the purpose of being cautioned from them.
- The first characteristic: They abandon returning to and attaching the people to the well-known people of knowledge.
- The second characteristic: Having bad etiquettes and harsh manners.
- The third characteristic: they deem light the affair of defaming Ahlus-Sunnah and criticizing them.
- The fourth characteristic is that they have hastiness in their authoring of books, to the point that if one of them read two hours a day, they haste to write three pages and spread it on the internet.
- The fifth matter, is that they are amazed at themselves and are impressed at their own opinions.
- The sixth matter is that they follow the peculiar matters (shudhoodh) and they have abnormality in following these matters.
- The seventh matter: they fall short in implementing the proper order of knowledge based issues.
- The eighth description is that they do not have an affair – for example we read from the Scholars and we find from the Scholars regarding the affair of making Tahiyyatul-Masjid when entering the mosque before sunset (i.e. as they differ whether they should be prayed or not due to it being waqtun-nahiyy, or the prohibited times of praying, it has been conveyed to us that some of our Scholars refrained for ten years (without a conclusive opinion) due to them pondering over this particular matter. As for these individuals, (the Haddaadiyyah), there is not one issue that they refrain from speaking about (out of piety and reserve).
- The ninth matter is that they have specific [a word in the recording is unclear] between them and they only direct to themselves.
- The tenth matter is that they have no concern for the weighing of harms and benefits and not giving the slightest importance to this great foundation which Ahlus-Sunnah are upon and which was mentioned by the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam).
- The eleventh matter is that they use the foundations of the Sunnah and the Saved Sect as a means of strength for themselves, not as a means to abide by, practice and find guidance thereby.
- The twelfth characteristic is that they hover around the issue of takfeer even if they do not mention it outright.
- The thirteenth issue is that they declare ahaadeeth authentic and unauthentic by way of innovation and going to extremes and making ijtihaad which is outside the realm of the ways of the pious predecessors.
So these are some of their characteristics and many of them as you have heard have come in the speech of the people of knowledge, may Allaah reward them, and with this we suffice and Allaah knows best.
And may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family and all of his Companions.” End of Shaykh Ahmad’s words.
Translation by Abu Suhayl Anwar Wright