Our noble brother, Anwar Wright – a graduate from the Islamic University of al-Madeenah – uncovers a deceptive doubt that al-Jarh wat-Ta’deel does not exist in our times and that it has ended. The speaker deals with those who attribute this doubt to al-‘Allaamah Saalih Ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan – may Allaah preserve him. Additionally, the speaker goes on to answer with the doubts spread by Muhammad Ibn Muneer “Muftee” ‘Abdul-Hameed. From the points of benefit found in this blessed lecture:
– A presentation of research from al-‘Allaamah al-Mu’allimee (d.1386H) demonstrating that praise and criticism is found firstly in the Qur`aan – it contains both praise and censure of specific individuals by their names
– Al-Mu’allimee also brings examples from the Salaf where praise and criticism of specific individuals occurred amongst the Companions and the taabi’een.
– Imaam at-Tirmidhee (d.274H) spoke in his book al-‘Ilal about those without understanding who found fault with the Ashaabul-Hadeeth for criticizing the people.
– ‘Abdullaah Ibnul-Mubaarak (d.181H), al-Awzaa’ee (d.157H), Sufyaan ath-Thawree (d.167H) and others were known for criticizing those who were accused of lying in hadeeth as well as the people of innovation.
– The Salaf spoke against the people of innovation and the liars out of jealousy for the Religion and out of a desire to clarify the truth.
– Ibn Rajab (d.795H) mentioned in Sharh ‘Ilalit-Tirmidhee that the Salaf of the Ummah have a consensus that it is permissible to speak out against the people of innovation and desires
– Ibn Rajab mentions the example of al-Hasan al-Basree (d.110H) and Taawoos (d.106H) – that they warned against Ma’bad al-Juhanee due to his denial of al-Qadr and Ibn Rajab mentioned that they did this for the benefit of the entire Ummah.
– What would be our condition if the likes of Imaam Ahmad (d.241H) didn’t refute the Jahmiyyah? What if the Scholars did not warn against the Khawaarij, the Shee’ah and the Qadariyyah?
– If the Scholars of the Ummah, such as al-‘Allaamah Rabee’ Ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee – hafidhahullaah – did not warn us against the false principles of the Soofiyyah, al-Ikhwaanul-Muslimoon, Jamaa’atut-Tableegh and so on…what would be our condition? Would we know where to take knowledge from and where not to take it from?
– Likewise, if they did not warn against the likes of Bilaal Philips, Abu Muslimah, Abu Usaamah, Shadeed Muhammad and Taahir Wyatt, then what would be our condition?
– The speaker outlines Taahir Wyatt’s trickery and excuses when Shaykh Rabee’ asked him to clarify his position against Abul-Hasan al-Ma`ribee and ‘Alee al-Halabee.
– Abu Waleed al-Baajee and Ibn Hajr (d.852H) spoke about al-Jarh wat-Ta’deel well after the time of hadeeth narrators was over. They specified the criticism of innovators and that this is not from the impermissible backbiting.
– The speaker replies to Muhammad Ibn Muneer’s ignorant comment that the Salafees “threw Shadeed under the bus,” because they clarified to the people the misguidance of Shadeed’s statements.
– The speaker mentions the speech of al-‘Allaamah Saalih Ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan in refutation and criticism of ‘Adnaan ‘Ar’oor’s principles.
– The speaker mentions the falsehood in Muhammad Ibn Muneer’s statement, “I’m not really a fan of Fawzaan.”
– The speaker explains that Muhammad Ibn Muneer knows full well that these statements of his are false, because Ibn Muneer warned Anwar against Taahir Wyatt back in 2003CE, he also advised Anwar to purchase the book, Sharh ‘Ilalit-Tirmidhee of Ibn Rajab!
– The speaker clarifies that Muhammad Ibn Muneer knows the falsehood of his own statements because he was present when Shaykh ‘Abdullaah al-Bukhaaree clarified that al-Jarh wat-Ta’deel still exists in our times during his lessons on Dawaabit al-Jarh wat-Ta’deel in al-Madeenah! The speaker plays the pertinent section from the class and translates from it.
– An answer to Muhammad Ibn Muneer’s other doubts about al-Jarh wat-Ta’deel.
– Degrees are only of benefit when they are coupled with sound ‘aqeedah and manhaj, and degrees without sound ‘aqeedah and manhaj are of no use. The speaker mentions that two of the most prolific Salafee callers in the west did not have degrees: Abu Uways ‘Abdullaah Ibn Ahmad and Abu Talhah Daawood Ibn Ronald Burbank – rahimahumullaah.
– Answer to the arrogance of Muhammad Ibn Muneer when he claimed that Shaykh Muqbil (d.1421H) made an error when he called Yoosuf al-Qardaawee the “Barking Dog” in his famous book on al-Qardaawee.
– The speaker mentions that the likes of Shadeed Muhammad, Muhammad Ibn Muneer and Taahir Wyatt have been advised in secret before the warnings against them were made public.
– The speaker concludes with an advice to stick to those who are well-known for Salafiyyah in the West and defending it for years and refuting the people of deviation and those who are known to have contact with the people of knowledge, such as: Dawud Adeeb, Abu Zaynab Tawfeeq, Hasan as-Somali, Abul-Hasan Maalik, Kashiff Khan, Abu Hakeem Bilaal Davis, Abu Khadeejah ‘Abdul-Waahid and Abu ‘Iyaad Amjad Rafiq.