بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
الحمد لله رب العالمين و الصلاة و السلام وعلى أشرف الانبياء و المرسلين نبينا محمد و على آله و صحبه و سلم و بعد
رَبَّنَا ظَلَمۡنَآ أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمۡ تَغۡفِرۡ لَنَا وَتَرۡحَمۡنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ ٱلۡخَـٰسِرِينَ
“Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You do not forgive us, and do not bestow upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers.” [Soorah al-A’raf 24]
1. The reason for writing this clarification is due to some remarks made during a personal and private conversation between me and Ismael Beaumont, a current student in the University of Madīnah, connected to Abdul-Haqq Baker and Masjid Ibn Taymiyah (Brixton) England. Ismael Beaumont deceitfully was involved in recording me during a heated and contentious conversation. The audio from this exchange was then spread via the internet in an attempt to defame my character.
During that conversation, I became angry and used speech and conduct which was not appropriate for a Muslim, especially one who has studied. I turn to Allah in repentance and ask Allah, the Most High, to pardon and forgive me for my shortcomings.
رَبَّنَا لَا تُؤَاخِذۡنَآ إِن نَّسِينَآ أَوۡ أَخۡطَأۡنَاۚ
“Our Lord! Do not punish us if we forget or fall into error.” [Soorah al-Baqarah 286]
And Allah said,
وَٱلَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُواْ فَـٰحِشَةً أَوۡ ظَلَمُوٓاْ أَنفُسَہُمۡ ذَكَرُواْ ٱللَّهَ فَٱسۡتَغۡفَرُواْ لِذُنُوبِهِمۡ وَمَن يَغۡفِرُ ٱلذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا ٱللَّهُ وَلَمۡ يُصِرُّواْ عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُواْ وَهُمۡ يَعۡلَمُونَ
“And those who, when they have committed Fahishah or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; – and none can forgive sins but Allah – And do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.” [Soorah Aal-Imran 135]
2. This conversation was a result of several events which took place over the past couple of months in Madīnah, where Ismaeel had attempted to bully some of the salafi students from the West, both physically and verbally, causing much chaos and confusion. This is a result of them refuting his erroneous positions and conveying the words of the scholars against Halabee, Hajooree and Brixton Mosque.
3. The love and concern that I have for our Salafī brothers and their wellbeing, made me upset and angry, causing me to react in this manner. Regardless of this, I acknowledge that there is no excuse for using this type of speech and conduct.
إِذَا مَسَّہُمۡ طَـٰٓٮِٕفٌ۬ مِّنَ ٱلشَّيۡطَـٰنِ تَذَڪَّرُواْ فَإِذَا هُم مُّبۡصِرُونَ
“When an evil thought comes to them from Satan, they remember Allah, and indeed they then see aright.” [Soorah al-A’raf 201]
4. I will briefly mention the history of some of the events that led up to the conversation, so that one might understand the seriousness of our issues with Ismael Beaumont, since he has decided to broadcast this affair. All of these events are taken from written accounts, which were documented and witnessed by trustworthy individuals.
I – Ismael physically grabbed our beloved brother Usamah Hayles, pushed and swiped him in the face attempting to remove his headscarf, removing his own clothes to fight him (Usamah) inside of the noble Faculty of Hadith in the city of Madīnah.
II – While Usamah was in the parking lot of the Faculty of Hadith, Ismael came from behind him while he was unaware, and attempted to attack him, pushing him backwards with severe force.
III – His attack on Usamah in the prayer area of the Faculty of Hadith, where he head-butted him, shoved him, continuously poked his index finger in Usamah’s cheek and threatened to drag him outside, pulling him by his clothes, ripping his headscarf and kufi off of his head and throwing them on the ground. He then went on to take his mobile phone from him and attempted to leave with it. However, Usamah reminded him that he was stealing, so he threw it at him.
IV -Usamah’s attempt to advise Ismael which led to Ismael’s associate, Abdul Hakeem (Fingers), poking Usamah in the chest outside of the Faculty of Hadith, threatening him to come around the corner of the building in order to fight him.
See below for Usamah Hayles’s actual testimony.
5. All of this aggressive behavior from Ismael followed his refusal to go with Usamah and others to sit with Shaykh Muhammad bin Haadee for advice on a matter pertaining to Ismael’s connections with Brixton Masjid and the Hajurites and their associates. In addition to the physical violence against some of our Salafī brothers in Madīnah, Ismael has resorted to attacking some of our Salafī brothers in the UK verbally with insults by way of social media.
6. One should not be fooled by Ismael Beaumont’s shenanigans and his evil attempt to undermine the Salafīs through social media by spreading a private conversation and that which I said out of anger. Ismael was involved in the taping of our conversation without prior permission, which is evident from the audio. This in itself is a betrayal of trust, as the Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said,
“Whoever deceives us is not from us.” Reported by Muslim Hadith #101
Shaykh Muhammad Saeed Raslaan (may Allah preserve him) stated,
“If you record a conversation without the permission and knowledge of the caller, then this is deception and trickery. And if you were to spread this it is an even greater form of deception and dishonesty.”
Add to that the fact that the brother Ismael clearly mentioned during the conversation that my inappropriate language was a shortcoming; however, they hastened to spread it all over the world via the internet.
7. I call Ismael to ponder over the statement of Allah in Surah Nur:
إن الذين يحبون أن تشيع الفاحشة في الذين آمنوا لهم عذاب أليم في الدنيا و الآخرة
“Verily, those who like that Faahisha be propagated among those who believe they will have a painful torment in this world and in the Hereafter.” [Soorah an-N0or 19]
Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy upon him) said about this verse: “This is the third admonishment for whosoever hears some evil speech, retains it to memory and then begins to speak about it, that he should not indulge in this nor should he spread or propagate it.” (See Umdat Tafsir 2/649).
And I also remind Ismael of the saying of the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam),
“Whoever searches for the errors of his brother, then Allah will follow his errors. And if Allah follows his errors, He will expose him even if he was inside his home.” Reported by At-Tirmithi and declared saheeh by Shaykh al- Albaanee in saheeh at- Tirmithi, Hadith #2031
Not to mention that, when I first heard of some of these incidents a couple of months ago, I immediately tried to contact Ismael by telephone to advise him, but he did not answer. I then met his associate, Abdul Hakeem, when I traveled to Madīnah and I sat with him and advised him to take the affairs to the Scholars and not take the matter into their own hands. I also informed him (Abdul Hakeem) after he blatantly lied to me and said that he was not a supporter of Brixton Masjid, that if he was indeed upon the truth, Allah will eventually make it clear. I advised him to be patient and reminded him of some of the people of the past who were put to trial and lied upon.
However, Ismael Beaumont, Abdul Hakeem and their associates’ positions have been made clear and what they are upon is evident, since they have allied themselves with the heads of Brixton Masjid and Yahya al-Hajuri.
Lastly, I ask Allah to forgive us for our short comings and wrong doings. Indeed Allah is All Forgiving, The Most Merciful.
Abdul Wali Nelson
Wednesday March 19th 2014